Monday 2 February 2009

Not snowed in

The weather forecasts last night promised snow over England. Unfortunately, this did not really include the North West, insofar as I did not get snowed in. I SO live in the wrong part of the country.

Nonetheless, it is snowing a bit. Snow is good, but it is better when viewed from beside a warm fire at home, with the option to go outside and make snowballs.

HWSNBN has the end of this week and the beginning of next week off work. I am so jealous! His holiday year ends in April, so he has to use up his last few days of holiday before the Holiday Monster eats them. I have nearly a whole holiday year ahead of me, and will have to be careful with my holidays for a few months...

2 comments:

Lisa Moon said...

Oh, well, drat; you would have been welcome to have our snowstorms from December as they were pretty for the first few hours, as usual, but then a royal pain for a couple of weeks after - picture sheets of ice all over the sidewalks and I'm sure you'll get the picture.

Naughty me, have played hooky from the blog reading; shall catch up soon! Can't wait to read about the maths lessons!

Optistatic said...

Please send some snow storms over! It's the North-West of England you are aiming for! Whoever did it last time missed big-time. No aim at all.

I agree that snow is only good on the first day (although last time I experienced that I was still at school), but it is so very good on the first day that I would like some, please.

I, too, am naughty - no updates for a few days. Perhaps the muse will bite my bottom tomorrow... I have started to pack, and have also started a new felting project, so I should be able to come up with something to say. One would hope.

I do have *squee* I will soon be able to cycle to work and arrange furniture in a new house, but that's old news now. The reality of how little will fit into five printer paper boxes has just hit home. It is nearly as many as I can carry, too. Perhaps I will get packing fatigue and will look forward to going to work as a respite from it all...