Monday 15 September 2008

Whoops!

It appears that the building across the way from me has collapsed slightly over the weekend. I am hoping that I missed something and that the giant piece of machinery with the very long arm destroyed it while I wasn't paying attention (it is chomping away at the building right now), but I get the impression that it had fallen down before the destructors arrived. I wish I had my camera so I could show you a photo.

Methinks the digger will not be trundling around the top floor again. I hope it gets off the floor below (it was removing the sides of the building most of last week) before that ceiling comes down. I think it is reinforced concrete, and will therefore be rather heavy.

A slightly more alarming occurrence is the presence of two guys who appear to be painting the ceiling close to the digger. This cannot be what they are doing, but I am at a loss as to what else it could be. They are going to be so disappointed when that ceiling falls down. Seriously, though, what are they doing?

No comments: